суббота, 19 сентября 2026 г.

Foot-operated game controller : one device for pure fun and for stroke rehab

  The "Double twister" is a well-known device for fitness.


 

 But this device can be used  also during   stroke recovery therapy.

 

 Video clip  one can  find here : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lkPE42Ibdx8?feature=share 

In both cases  we see the same  problem: such exercises are monotonous and boring.

For 4 years I have been trying to add some fun to " double twiser".

First  I converted this  pure hardware device into a game controller by adding sensors and Arduino microcontroller.

I tried to use it  with a  standard  dance arcade game .

 But it was really hard to guess how to move feet to follow the  arrow's flow.

 So I tried to make my own game initially based on twist motion. 

But real rythm game was very hard to make, because I had no idea how to convert audio file into sequence of feet positions linked with time stamps.

Four years passed before I have found  simple solution. Now there are  several  free AI  services online . AI helped me to code my  game and convert mp3  files into *.json file with feet motion records linked with time stamps.    

Example of *.json looks like this 


 

 Video below shows my curent version with well-known song .

I think   young generation can use such "Double twister" for pure fun and old generation - for balance improving and  during stroke recovery if it happened.

What do you think about my project ?   

#dancegame ,#indiegame ,#Arduino,#makers ,#chairtaichi ,#altctrl, #seatedexercise ,#seateddance,#chairworkout,#AdaptiveGaming,#LowImpactWorkout ,#NeuroRehab,#ActiveAging,#SeniorFitness,#AssistiveTech,#IndieGameDev ,,#Реабилитация

 


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Foot-operated game controller : one device for pure fun and for stroke rehab

  The "Double twister" is a well-known device for fitness.      But this device can be used  also during   stroke recovery therapy...